Saturday, August 29, 2009

There's a Rumour going 'round that We Won ...






Ron Cobb

"Some selections from Ron Cobb's 'My Fellow Americans' published in 1970. I've had this book since I was a kid. A friend gave it to me. I'd have to count Cobb among my influences as I spent a lot of time looking at this collection back then as well as his first, 'Raw Sewage.'

What I always liked about his work was its controlled rage. The drawing is always neat and meticulous while the concepts are often boiling over with anger and disgust."


Wow! There are other powerful images here and a Google search will yield even more.

This is the first time I've seen Ron Cobb's work - to my knowledge his books were never sold in Africa.

The messages in his cartoons are just as valid today as they were in the early seventies.

.

2 comments:

  1. Heya :) I thought I would pop on over and check out your blog and thank you for your comment. I'm pretty sure I've seen you on the BC forum, the handle is definetely ringing a bell.

    As for the music, I was raised in a home where my mum loved motown, the blues, elvis, the beatles, jazz. And my father listened to deep purple, hendrix, zepplin, janis and so on.

    So, I'm sure you can imagine all the different styles I was introduced too over the years.

    As for the dishes lol ... I'm a water sign, maybe that has something to do with it *grin*, who knows ..

    hope you have a great weekend and I look forward to reading some of your posts.

    Bettie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your visit and comment Bettie - I appreciate it ...

    Nope, not me on the BC forum, maybe from comments on lisleman's pages ...

    ... please do visit again

    regards

    graham

    ReplyDelete